Saturday, February 21, 2015

MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge



Hope everyone is staying warm in their corner of the world! My corner has warmed up into the balmy 20's (a welcome change from single digit temps with wind chill below zero!) and it's snowing like crazy outside! While my husband is outside pushing snow with the tractor, I'm warm and cozy in my stamp room...loving my new MISTI that came in the mail yesterday!  This really, really is the Most Incredible Stamp Tool Invented! Iliana from My Sweet Petunia is the inventor and it's genius!!  Here's a link to a YouTube video describing it.  It is well worth the money if you're undecided.


I used it to position my large sentiment stamp for my card for the MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge. If you don't get a stamp inked up well the first time...no worries.  You just open up the MISTI and re-ink it and the placement will be perfect when you restamp it!  I tried it first with a large background stamp and yup...I didn't have it inked up evenly when I stamped it the first time.  I added more ink and bingo...perfect results!  No more wasting paper for me!



Sorry my post is running in many directions today, but here is my card...finally!  I used this squiggly zig zag Die-Namic by MFT (I see it's no longer in the store and can't recall the proper name) since I don't have their stitched hill dies.  I just love these new papers by Authentique...so sunny and cheerful.  Here's what else I used...

STAMPS: Grand Greetings (MFT).
PAPER: Classique: Beauty by Authentique, New Leaf (MFT), Old Olive (SU), Basic Gray (SU).
INK: Versafine Onyx Black.
ACCESSORIES: Gerbera Daisy, Layered Leaves and Rickrack Border Die-Namics by MFT.

5 comments:

Karol L said...

I received my MISTI yesterday and cannot wait to try it out. Love your card and the lay out is beautiful

Vickie Z said...

Adore this card!! The colors are perfect!! Yes, I've been eyeing the MISTI and you talked me into it!!

beth opel said...

Beautiful colors!

Miriam Prantner said...

This is gorgeous! I love the wavy border you used to divide the top and bottom and and the flower and leaves are wonderful!

Susan R. Opel said...

Super pretty, Wanda! I can't wait for my MISTI to arrive to fool people into thinking that I can stamp!