Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Color Throwdown



Happy Wednesday everyone! Check out the GORGEOUS colors Jodi has chosen for this week's Color Throwdown Challenge!  One of my co-workers has a mother celebrating her 95th birthday this month and I was asked to create a card for her!  I knew these colors would work perfectly for the occasion!


I started with sponging the background with a new Pure Color dye ink - Beanstalk - by WPlus9 and a chevron pattern stencil (Simon Says Stamp).  Just love that their ink pads give such smooth, vibrant coverage when stamped!  The flowers were inked with another of their new colors - Little Piggy - and was stamped off once for the 1st step.  I ran the die cut heart through my crimper then sponged Color Box white pigment ink on the edges.  The numbers are glittery black stickers.


STAMPS: Rosy Posy, Rosy Posy Step 2, Wet Paint - all by PTI.
PAPER: White and Kraft by PTI.
INK: Beanstalk and Little Piggy by WPlus9; Versamark; ColorBox Frost White.
ACCESSORIES: Rosy Posy and Wet Paint dies by PTI; Jotted Heart die by Verve; Crimper, Sequins by Avery Elle; Paper doily; White thread.

7 comments:

Monika/Buzsy said...

Beautiful card Wanda. Love the gorgeous 2-toned flowers and the corrugated heart... the lace is so pretty.

Petra Swart said...

Love the bg you created, Wanda and the roses are beautiful!!!!All the layered elements are very pretty and I love how you've done the sentiment!!! So beautiful!!!
Have a great day!!!

Broni said...

Oh how I love that chevron background and all the pretty feminine toppings! 95 years....I can NOT even imagine!!

Joan Ervin said...

I sooo love your bright green background, Wanda, and all the stacked elements...this is sooo gorgeous!!!!! She is going to love this!!! My momma will be 95 in April...she says she won't feel old till she is 100...LOL!!

Lori said...

That stenciled background is gorgeous! I may have to try some of those inks (not like I need to add any more inks to my collection!).

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful card Wanda! The flowers look stunning! Thanks for the inspiration!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Wow, this is pretty, Wanda! Great details!