Friday, February 20, 2015

Reminder of the February Release at ODBD


 The designers at Our Daily Bread Designs are taking a look back at this month's new release! I chose the new Happy Birthday die
set to feature on my card.  Using Peacock Feathers and Peeled Paint distress inks, I wet the watercolor cardstock then picked up the two colors from acrylic blocks and applied colors to the paper with a brush until I got a blend I liked.  After it was dry, I tapped a wet brush over the BG to let water droplets create a "bleached" effect.  I thought the sentiment would have more of a pop by shadowing a black layer behind it plus it adds dimension.  I used a white gel pen to add stripes and dots to the balloons and the tiny stars are from ODBD Stars die set.

You'll want to see more inspiring projects by the rest of the design team, so head over to the ODBD blog...OR...click on their links below. 
Cathy * Lori * Sandee * Dawn * Julie * Wanda

4 comments:

Sandee Shanabrough said...

Hey Wanda!!! This is so beautiful! This is one of my favorite color combos! The black accents just make everything pop!!!

Petra Swart said...

Such a cheerful card, Wanda!!! Love the beautiful colours and the lovely bg you created!!!
Have a lovely weekend!!!

Dawn said...

great, fun background!! a super birthday card!!

Cathymac said...

Love your watercolor panel, Wanda, and the black shadow really makes the words pop against it! Fabulous design, my friend! Hugs!