Sunday, February 15, 2015

Happy Valentine's Day



It's that day when people are thinking of those they love and hopefully expressing it to them...not by big gifts, but by small, heart felt ways! This is a last minute card I created for DH.  It will accompany his favorite sour cream sugar cookies! :-)   I started by using the Freshly Made Sketches challenge layout and layered up some Reverse Confetti elements over designer papers from Echo Park's Yours Truly 6x6 pad.  

I started this post Saturday morning...got sidetracked with getting ready for work and the day got away from me.  It's now shortly after midnight and I'm winding down from a very stressful drive home from work.  Wind blowing snow sideways in places and ice on the walks, parking lot and roads!  Crept along going 25 and 30 MPH but made it home safely - PTL!  The older I get, the more I hate driving in bad weather! 

STAMPS: Crushin' (Reverse Confetti)
PAPER: Your Truly (Echo Park), Real Red, Black, White, Silver glitter CS
INK: Real Red, Versafine Onyx Black
ACCESSORIES: Arrow, tag, heart border, and banner flag - Confetti Cuts dies by Reverse Confetti, Silver cording, Corner chomper.

4 comments:

Teresa Kline said...

cute card, luv the polja dots! thought about you last night, sooo glad you made it home safe!

happy valentines day!

add a little glimmer to your life...... sparkle & shine *~*

Kim S said...

I love your use of the sketch with the big glittery arrow pointing out the sentiment. LOVE your colors and papers. Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Gisela said...

Wanda this came out super cute. I like the colors and papers.

Karren said...

This is a superb Valentine card for a man. The colors look fabulous and I love the silver arrow. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.