Tuesday, November 26, 2013

WPlus9 Monday Mood Board


 I always love playing along with the Monday Mood Board challenge over on the WPlus9 blog.  I knew I wanted to create a Christmas tag using their Timeless Tags 2 die set.  I stamped the diagonal sentiment then added two black glitter tape strips.  Then it was floral arranging time using images from Merry and Bright, Fresh Cut Florals and Woodland Wreaths - all three by WPlus9. 
The coordinating dies with each set were also used...great way to eliminate lots of fussy cutting. 

So, my Thanksgiving tasks are slowly getting checked off!  Today I schlepped (?sp) through the heavy rain for a hair cut and color appointment then to the grocery store for a missed item from my trip on Monday (hate when I do that!).  I then made a large cheese ball - something my mom would make annually.  Now that she's been gone for 3 years, I've taken over that "must have" holiday snack.  Just in case you're interested, I'll post the recipe here: 

16 ounces creamed cheese, softened
8 ½ ounces crushed pineapple, drained
1/2 to 1 cup pecans, chopped
2 tablespoons onions, chopped
1 teaspoon Lawery's seasoned salt
2 1/2 ounces Dried beef, cut fine
Mix all ingredients together (except pecans). Roll cheese ball in pecans after formed and refrigerate.

Good night all...

3 comments:

Betty said...

beautiful tag and the recipe sounds scrumptious!

Dawn said...

Love the addition of black! I'm such a sucker for the unexpected. Thanks for playing along!

Vickie Z said...

Love how you combined these colors and stamps!! Gorgeous!!