Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Color Throwdown & More



Happy hump day everyone!  Melody is hosting our challenge this week over at the Color Throwdown blog and I LOVE these earthy colors with a pop of turquoise! The glittery pinecones and greenery inspired me to pull out two WPlus9 sets to create this wreath for the focal point.


I started with a 5 1/2" square card base using Vintage Cream cardstock by PTI.  I distressed a layer of wood paneling designer paper from Bramble Rose 6x6 pad by MME than added a layer of light turquoise script paper from Authentique's Seasons: Summer pad.  Next layer is an Instant Camera die by Lil' Inker Designs.  Then came the fun multi-step stamping with the wreath and its accessories.  I added shimmer using a Wink of Stella clear glitter brush and also outlined the pinecones using a gold Spica pen. This layout is compliments of the Retro Sketches Challenge.

I also received inspiration from Stacy's great Curtain Call
Inspiration Challenge photo with a welcome home theme!  The rustic wood and wreath were what inspired my choice of papers and stamps.  I generally always have a wreath on my front door - changing it with the seasons.  I will add my sentiment later to the inside of the card...more than likely using it for a masculine Christmas greeting.

Speaking of a welcome theme...I want to give a HUGE welcome to the uber talented Cindy Lawrence who is our guest designer for November AND December!  I've been a fan of her creations for a long time and can't wait to see her projects for the CTD challenges!  Welcome, Cindy!

So, what are you waiting on?  Get those fingers inky and join us!  Remember...you don't have to have the exact colors.  Use something close and then link it up on the Color Throwdown blog using the linking tool at the bottom of the post.  If you post to an online gallery, please use the keyword, CTD267.

 For more inspiration, you'll want to check out the rest of the design team's creations!
                                                       Barbara Anders - Paper Pursuits
                                              Broni Holcombe - Splashes of Watercolor
Joan Ervin - Stamping With Passion
Lori Tecler - Inking Aloud
Melody Rupple - A Paper Melody
Tammy Hershberger - Stamp Happy
Vickie Zimmer -  Smitten
                                    Wanda Cullen - Cullen-ary Creations (you are here)
Cindy Lawrence - Nov./Dec. Guest Designer - The Creative Closet

10 comments:

Marisa said...

Fabulous take on the colours and the Curtain Call challenge! Love the rustic wood in the BG and the lovely wreath.

Stampingcountry said...

Fun card, Wanda! Like the rustic background with the pop of turquoise. Did you know that your link from Color Throwdown isn't working?

Broni said...

This card ROCKS, Wanda! LOVE the distressed wood background for your beautiful wreath!!

Cath said...

What a beautiful card, Wanda!

I wanted to stop by and thank you for the lovely comment you left on my final Moxie Fab World blog post. I had such an incredibly good time in the Moxie Fab World, and I'm *so glad* I got to know you there! Hugs and loves to you, my moxie fab friend! :)

Stacey Schafer said...

this is so beautiful, Wanda! so glad you could play along at the Curtain Call!

Joan Ervin said...

Whoa...this is gorgeous, Wanda!!!! I love the wreath and the rustic details...awesome sketch, too!!!

Julia Aston said...

what a wonderful distressed backgound on this Wanda! love your pretty layered wreath as well!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Gorgeous card Wanda. Love the pretty wreath, the touch of blue... the background is amazing. Perfect take on the photo. Thank you for playing along with us at Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge.

Lori said...

Just beautiful, Wanda! The distressed background makes the perfect backdrop for your beautiful wreath.

Kim S said...

Gorgeous! I love your rustic and floral background and the pops of blue are a lovely touch! Thanks for joining us at Curtain Call!