Monday, July 8, 2013

Mojo Monday



Good Monday morning everyone! I'm ba-a-ack! I've been pretty scarce in blog land with our middle son's wedding on June 30th and then we were on vacation at the Outer Banks in NC!  But now I'm back to reality and I have missed my stamp room!  As you can see I'm still in "beach mode" with my card!  Julee has another fabulous layout for us for Mojo Monday #301, and it was perfect to use my new "Beach Waves" embossing folder I found at Beach Memories - a scrapbooking store I love to visit when I'm at Nagshead!  It's by Darice which is a new company to me and I love the deep, crisp embossing that it produces!  Papers are from Carta Bella's "Beach Boardwalk" 6x6 pad - another find at Beach Memories.  I colored the surfboard with Copics (YR21, YR23, BG70, BG72, B97) and then added some Clear Star gelly roll ink that is sparkly to the itty bitty stars.  I tied 3 knots randomly in some white yarn and adhered them to the card using tiny glue dots.  The sun was fussy cut and popped with a foam dot.

Wasn't last week fun with the big Mojo 300 celebration?!  I was sorry I was unable to comment on more creations, but did enjoy seeing everyone's entries!  Here's to looking forward to the next 300!

STAMPS: Learning to Sail (Verve), Strong Anchor (Verve)
INK: Night of Navy.
ACCESSORIES: Fishtail Flags Die-Namics (MFT), Circle Nestabilities, Beach Waves EF (Darice).

For more inspiration, hop over to the Mojo Monday blog and check out what the other mojomakers have created...OR...you can visit their individual blogs below:


6 comments:

scrappingnana said...

Great card - perfect for summer. Love your take on the sketch.

Mary Marsh said...

great beach card Wanda-hope your week was wonderful-and your son's wedding as well-we aren't going to OBX this year-have a trip planned to Riviera Maya in Mexico

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Oh, I just love this, Wanda! Fabulous card!

Joanne Travis said...

Love the addition of the cord. Just a fun and fabulous summer card!

Unknown said...

That is so cool! Love that embossing!!

Marisa said...

LOVE that beach wave EF!!! How perfect for this card!! Great colours and love the string from the board :)