Monday, July 1, 2013

Mojo 300



Hi, everyone! This week we’re celebrating our 300th Mojo Monday sketch by offering 30 prizes for participants! Congrats to Julee on this fabulous milestone!  Play along with our Mojo Monday 300 sketch and link it up to the Mojo Monday linky entry form and you’ll be in the drawing for some fabulous papercrafting goodies! For all the details, a list of prizes from over 20 different companies and some fabulous samples using the Mojo 300 sketch, head on over to the Mojo Monday blog.



I had a fun time mixing and matching stamps from FOUR different Verve sets to celebrate this special milestone!
I wanted to create my own mixed media style background...fun but messy!  I dabbed three different Tim Holtz distress paints on a paper plate: Spun Sugar, Peeled Paint, and Picket Fence.  I then dragged a piece of white CS through the paints and also used a stipple tool to add a bit more pink.  After drying it with my heat tool, I stippled some thinned out Picket Fence paint using a hexagon stencil and stencil brush.  The long, vertical banner is actually two small stamped banners from the "Remember This" set that I taped together.  The flower from "Hope Blooms" was stamped on a textured pink CS, cut out and layered.  I like to cut the petals down to the flower center and then ruffle them up a bit to add some dimension.  Leaves are from "Sunny Days" and the sentiment is from "Joyful Blooms".  The Charles embossing folder is my newest toy from Cuttlebug. 

So, what are you waiting on?  Join in on the PARTY!!   Good luck!

7 comments:

JoAnn said...

This is so pretty. Love how you created the pretty background and taped the two banners together. The flower is very pretty and I like to cut the petals also when I making the flowers. TFS

Vickie Z said...

These colors look wonderful together....the flower pops in pink with green button and love how you "stretched" the banner outline!

Mary Ann said...

Beautiful card!!!Love the design,the flower is awesome!!!

anias said...

Przepiękna kartka! Ciekawa kolorystyka i bardzo fajny kwiatek!
Pozdrawiam serdecznie! :)

Katherine said...

Hi Wanda! This is such a beautiful card :) I love the colors and the images. Congrats on 300!

Debbie Carriere said...

Gorgeous, Wanda!! Loving that flower and your background paper is lovely!

Marisa said...

Pink and green, one of my favorite colour combos :) Love the flower and the daily die and that button in the flower's center is just fabulous!