Wednesday, July 24, 2013

CAS Retro Sketch Card


Just got home from work and needed to unwind, so decided to play along with a couple of challenges:
*SCS CAS challenge to be inspired by the Pinterest photo below.

I was inspired by the weathered wood in the photo and of course the heart shape.  The door hinges inspired me to use an arrow die (Verve) for part of the sentiment.  I haven't used this technique in quite awhile, so had fun trying it out again!  I took a square piece of kraft CS and scored it every 3/4".  I then swiped white ink over it then added wee touches of Oasis Green VersaMagic ink - a lovely chalk ink!  I distessed the edges and added twine as an accent to the prima.  The
sentiment is from PTI's new "Wonderful Words: Together" set which has a matching die.  The card base is 5 1/4" square using Ocean Tides CS from PTI.  The heart was die cut using Tipsy Hearts by Sizzix, then crimped and sponged with white ink.
As Bugs Bunny always said at the end of his show..."Ehhh...that's all folks!". :-)

4 comments:

Broni said...

I LOVE this, Wanda! All the texture is amazing! And of course I love the soft beachy colors!

Amy Sheffer said...

Love this, Wanda! So soft and shabby!

Patrice said...

Great take on the sketch - I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup this week!

http://www.oldbackporch.com/2013/07/52-card-pickup-230.html

Marisa said...

Love this, Wanda~! The woodgrain, the crimped heart (swoon), scatter of bling and twine under the flower. Great card!