Saturday, July 8, 2023

Watermelons Abound!

 


The current Just Add Ink challenge is asking us to add a die cut inlay. I had just been browsing Pinterest for something to trigger my creativity when I came across cards by Amy Rysavy that used some watermelon stamps and dies from My Favorite Things. Watermelon is one of my favorite summertime snacks, so I dug into my neglected MFT box and pulled out some distress oxide inks.

I started by smooshing inks onto my glass mat then placed some Bristol Smooth Surface paper over the greens and reds to pick up and layer the colors. Then it was die cutting time. The seeds are the inlay dies here.

The card base was stenciled using the Watercolor Wash Free Form stencil (MFT) and Twisted Citron distress oxide ink and a large blending brush. I then splattered it with Mowed Lawn distress oxide ink. 

STAMPS: Sweet Summertime, Sweet Sentiments (My Favorite Things).
INK: Twisted Citron, Mowed Lawn, Rustic Wilderness, Festive Berries, Abandoned Coral, Candied Apple distress oxide; Versafine Clair Nocturne.
PAPER: Black and White Basics 6x6" pad (MFT); Bristol Smooth Surface; White, True Black (Papertrey Ink).
DIES: Watermelon Slice, Flag Banner STAX Die-namics, Stitched Sentiment Strips (MFT); Crimped Slimline (The Greetery). 
OTHER: Watercolor Wash Free Form stencil (MFT)
Thanks so much for stopping by! Clouds have rolled in and it looks like we are in for another thunderstorm here in VA!  ~Wanda

1 comment:

KimB said...

So fun and filled with colour Wanda. The smooshing really gives a fabulously realistic watermelon look! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week. Kim