Friday, July 28, 2023

Inspired By

 

It's going to be a really hot day here in VA so staying indoors in the AC is my plan of action! I decided to play along with the Inspired By challenge which has a berry photo for inspiration. I was definitely inspired by the blueberries and went with a favorite 4 step stencil from Papertrey Ink called Berry Branches. 

I stamped the sentiment with Versafine Clair Nocturne pigment ink onto heavy weight vellum paper then embossed with clear embossing powder. I cut two skinny postage frames, adhered them together, then popped it up with small foam dots.

I wanted more than just blueberries in my garden, so added some Gerbera daisies. I cut down two of the leaves to make them smaller than what came with the die set.

STAMPS: Garden Blessings (Papertrey Ink).
INK: Versafine Clair Nocturne; Honey Nut, Lemon Tart, Bright Buttercup, Blueberry Sky, Enchanted Evening, Spring Moss, Simply Chartreuse, New Leaf dye inks (Papertrey Ink).
PAPER: Bristol Smooth Surface; Vellum; White (PTI).
DIES: Border Bling: Skinny Postage, Into the Blooms: Gerbera Daisies (Papertrey Ink); Stitched Rectangle STAX Die-Namics (My Favorite Things).
 
Stay cool everyone!   ~Wanda

2 comments:

donna mikasa said...

Oh, Wanda I just perused the IB gallery and saw your card--I've used the same PTI stencil! Your blueberry colors are spot on--mine are too turquoisey! I'll wait a while to link up my card--yours is a beauty!

Laurel said...

What a wonderful card! Thanks so much for playing along at Inspired By!