Wednesday, July 12, 2023

Color Throwdown #751

 

Hi everyone! Are you ready for some fabulous new colors for the new Color Throwdown challenge? It's aqua, kraft, gold and cream happening this week with Amy Rysavy as our hostess. I had an old panel of aqua and gold alcohol inks in my stash so that was my starting point. I recently bought the monstera leaf die set from The Greetery which I loved!

To add texture, I used a torn, crimped piece of cardboard and stenciled the base panel with Peacock Feathers distress ink with a script stencil onto rustic cream paper. 


STAMPS: Birthday Your Way (Papertrey Ink).
INK: Peacock Feathers distress; Alcohol inks.
PAPER: Yupo; Rustic Cream (PTI); Metallic Gold; Kraft.
DIES: Birthday Your Way (PTI); Large Leaves: Monstera (The Greetery).
OTHER: Script stencil (PTI). 
 
On a side note, I recently spotted a beautiful variegated monstera type of plant - about 2 feet tall - at a local nursery for a mere $250.00!! 😲 At that price, I will stick to my paper monstera leaves! Thanks for stopping by!  ~Wanda

2 comments:

Ida said...

Your card is gorgeous! I love those big leaves with the gold veins. Great use of the colors. - Wow that is an expensive plant!

Carmela said...

Really beautiful card! Love the colors on your leaves!!