Sunday, July 23, 2023

PTI July Release Reveal Day 3


Welcome back to day #3 of reveals for the July release at Papertrey Ink. Today, we are introducing you to Garden Blessings stamps + Into the Blooms: Poppies dies. This has got to  be one of my all-time favorite flowers from the Into the Blooms series! 

I recently came across this "floating strips" technique on the internet and decided to give it a try. It's a great way to use up those scraps! I cut a piece of acetate into a 3 7/8" square (the sample I saw used a 3" square but I wanted it a bit larger).
You will want to use a liquid glue to adhere the strips to the acetate so you have some wiggle room to get it nice and straight. I used foam mounting tape behind the wider strips to make it pop off the base - making it look like the strips are floating. So fun!


STAMPS: Garden Blessings.
INK:  Variety of distress inks.
PAPER: Miscellaneous papers from scrap bin.
DIES: Into the Blooms: Poppies.
OTHER: Clear acetate; Simple Strips dies. 

My second card uses the poppies again in a simple layout. I tore the edge of the patterned paper on a slant to give it some texture and visual interest.

I smooshed distress oxide inks onto Bristol Smooth Surface paper then splattered with water after ink had dried. I LOVE the sentiments in this Garden Blessings stamp set so much! Unique from any that I've had previously.


STAMPS: Garden Blessings.
INK: Bundled Sage, Rustic Wilderness, Kitsch Flamingo, Spun Sugar, Festive Berries, Worn Lipstick, Abandoned Coral distress oxide inks; Versafine Clair Nocturne.
PAPER: Bristol Smooth Surface; True Black, White; Black + white patterned paper.
DIES: Pierced Feature Frames, Into the Blooms: Poppies. 
 
SUPPLIES
 
That's all for today. Come back tomorrow for the final day of reveals and you'll see more birthday options!   ~Wanda

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your cards are absolute gorgeous!! You have inspired me to add this die set to my cart right away!

Karen said...

I love both your cards, and am pinning the first one to remember to try this technique.