Sunday, July 9, 2023

Tic Tac Toe Challenge

 

Another watermelon creation...this time for the Tic Tac Toe challenge where I'm using the diagonal elements of picnic, CAS and Die Cut.

I did some ink smooshing with distress oxide inks for the green and red parts of the watermelon. I used the watercolor wash free form stencil (MFT) for the background then splattered with some darker green ink. The seeds were inlays from black paper.

STAMPS: Sweet Sentiments (My Favorite Things).
INK: Twisted Citron, Mowed Lawn, Rustic Wilderness, Festive Berries, Abandoned Coral, Candied Apple distress oxide; Versafine Clair Nocturne.
PAPER: Black & White Basics 6x6" pad (MFT); Bristol Smooth Surface; White, True Black (PTI).
DIES: Watermelon Slice (My Favorite Things); Crimped Slimline (The Greetery).
OTHER: Watercolor Wash Free Form stencil (MFT); Sequins (PTI).
 
Thanks for stopping by! Hope you are enjoying your weekend! It's a humid, hot day here in VA!   ~Wanda

 

2 comments:

Rachel D said...

I love your juicy watermelon, Wanda. The layout with the stencilled background is terrific too. Thanks for sharing with us at tictactoe this week!

Betty said...

What a perfect card for our challenge this week at TicTacToe this week, Wanda!! love everything about it - I have a very old watermelon stamp - just might have to CASE this!! thanks for sharing this darling card with us, Wanda!