Thursday, July 6, 2023

Butterfly Birthday

 

Good day everyone! I came across a new challenge (to me) and wanted to play along since I need to add to my birthday card stash... plus I love butterflies! It's the AAA Birthday challenge and this time the theme is butterflies. It's been a long time since I've played with alcohol inks but this background was one of the results from that play time. Instead of adding a gold mixative to the two ink colors, I chose to let the inks dry then splattered with some yellow gold paint. 

I used the butterfly cover plate die to die cut from Mirror Gold metallic card stock (Altenew). A simple sentiment finished it up.


STAMPS: Birthday Your Way (Papertrey Ink).
INK: Alcohol inks (sorry I didn't keep track of the specific colors but I do know it was a yellow and pink); Versafine Clair Nocturne.
PAPER: Yupo; True Black, White (Papertrey Ink).
DIES: Cover Plate: Flutter, Birthday Your Way (Papertrey Ink).
OTHER: Gansai Tambi Starry Colors.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This card is a show stopper, Wanda! You have pushed me over the edge on digging out that yupo paper, bought but never used. I hope my playtime results in a few backgrounds like yours.

Janja said...

This is such a wonderful card.

The Dream Pages said...

Those colours , that butterfly just awesome..
Thank you for joining AAA birthday challenge

NJ Stamping Queen said...

Fabulous card! Simple yet elegant. Thanks for inspiring me today.
:) Marie

Cathy said...

Beautiful card, Cathy x