Wednesday, July 5, 2023

Color Throwdown #750

 

Hi crafty friends! Yours truly is hosting the Color Throwdown challenge this week and I was inspired by this pillow to use pink, teal and gray.

We had a house full of company this past holiday weekend, so I had to work ahead to get this card done. I have tons of products from The Greetery and rarely get to use them, so I remedied that by using these stencils and a variety of dies.

 

I made the tartan plaid background by using a 5 step stencil and some oxide inks: Spun Sugar, Salvaged Patina and Hickory Smoke on Bristol Smooth Surface paper.  I die cut the dragonfly sections then color blended with the help of a coordinating stencil. I applied foam dots near the base of the wings so I could bend the wings slightly to have them pop off the card.

I cut two hello dies from Hawaiian shore paper and adhered them to the white shadow background. Hello cards are so versatile and easy to send for a variety of occasions!

STAMPS: None.
INK: Spun Sugar, Salvaged Patina, Hickory Smoke distress oxide.
PAPER: White, Hawaiian Shores; Bristol Smooth Surface.
DIES: Crimped Frames and Crimped Circles, Scripty Hello, Jumbo Curiosity Moth (The Greetery).
OTHER: Tartan Builder Diagonal stencils, Jumbo Curiosity: Moth  stencil (The Greetery).

Happy stamping!  I'll be looking for your throwdown entry in the gallery. ~Wanda

No comments: