Monday, July 31, 2023

Freshly Made Sketches


I'm getting in just under the wire for the Freshly Made Sketches challenge. I watched a video recently from a live chat by Gina K Designs which demonstrated this fun technique using large stamps and cover plate dies (tutorial can be seen HERE).

I cut two panels that were 3 3/4" by 5". I placed them in my MISTI and stamped them both with the Slimline Poinsettias stamp from Colorado Craft Company using Versafine Clair Nocturne pigment ink.

I then took the Cover Plate: Herringbone die (Papertrey Ink) and die cut one of the stamped panels. I then cut two more plain white layers with the same cover plate so I could stack 3 of them together to give dimension. I them adhered the herringbone stack to the one stamped panel and it gives such a WOW factor! I layered two skinny postage frame die cuts in black and added a simple gold embossed sentiment.

STAMPS: Slimline Poinsettias (Colorado Craft Company); Merry Berry Wreath (Papertrey Ink).
INK: Versafine Clair Nocturne; Versamark.
PAPER: White, True Black (PTI).
DIES: Cover Plate: Herringbone, Border Bling: Skinny Postage (PTI)
OTHER: Gold embossing powder.
 
That's it for this Monday. Hope your week is starting off well!  ~Wanda


4 comments:

Jacquie Southas said...

This is such a cool technique to add interest, dimension and texture! Thanks for playing along with us at FMS this week.

Jen Timko said...

The black and white on this is inspired. And that touch of gold is the perfect accent. So glad to see you this week at FMS!

Jen Brum said...

This is such an elegant card Wanda! I love the black, white and gold! Those poinsettias are so beautiful! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Linda Callahan said...

Lovely for the holidays! It's all about the glimmer of gold with the black and white! Glad you joined us at FMS!