Saturday, August 23, 2014

Watercolor Roses




Today's Inspiration Challenge on SCS is from the Color Watercolor Etsy store where I was inspired by the rose print HERE. I still struggle with watercoloring and keep telling myself I just need to play with it more. I decided to use the current palette at Colour Q Challenge and am also playing along with the Tag, You're It Challenge. Designer Marion Vagg has some watercoloring on her flower dies and I went with the same hello sentiment.  I watercolored the florals using distress inks (Dusty Concord, Seedless Preserves, Peeled Paint and Tumbled Glass) then die cut the tag using MFT's Rounded Banner STAX Die-Namics.  I added texture by applying light modeling paste (Liquitex) with a TCW Mini Specimens stencil.  Then, of course, I couldn't resist some enamel dots!


STAMPS: Painted Flowers (Altenew)
PAPER: Distress Watercolor Cardstock (TH)
INK: Dusty Concord, Seedless Preserves, Peeled Paint, Tumbled Glass - distress inks by Tim Holtz
ACCESSORIES: Small Hello die by Simon Says Stamp, Enamel dots by Recollections (Michael's), Soft Sky stitched ribbon by SU, Black satin ribbon (Michael's), Rounded Banner STAX Die-Namics (MFT), Modeling paste by Liquitex, TCW Mini Specimens stencil.

Thanks so much for stopping by....I always enjoy your comments!

7 comments:

Jen Mitchell said...

This is wonderful! I love the blue watercolor splash behind the flowers and the texture is divine. Every time I see that stamp set I love it a little bit more, but it's sold out everywhere! So glad to see you at colourQ this week!

Marisa said...

Gorgeous!!

Vickie Z said...

Gorgeous! Your watercoloring is fabulous!

AnitaR said...

Love it! Beautiful!!

donna mikasa said...

So pretty! Love the embossing and watercolored flowers!

Marybeth said...

This is so rich and gorgeous! Love the deep watercolored blooms ! Thanks for joining us at Tag You're It!

Gayatri said...

Love the texture on the tag and pretty coloured flowers. Thanks for linking up at Tag You're It Challenge :)