Monday, August 25, 2014

Watercolor Fusion



I loved the sketch AND the inspiration photo for the current Fusion Card Challenge! It was perfect to use some distress inks then spritz with water before stamping on watercolor paper.  I first stamped the floral spray with Spun Sugar then offset the second stamping with Picked Raspberry.  I then stamped only half of the image with Squeezed Lemonade then offset with a second stamping with Mustard Seed.  The leaves were inked, spritzed and stamped with Mowed Lawn.  I put some ink on an acrylic block then picked up some color with my aquapainter to fill in the open leaves.  I loved pairing up the Wet Paint text style set - also by Papertrey Ink - with this Garden Grace set!  The pink panel is Raspberry Fizz CS by PTI.

7 comments:

Monika/Buzsy said...

Beautiful card Wanda. Love the watercolor flowers. Such pretty hues. The dry embossed background looks great.

Marisa said...

Love the colours and card. I must get that wet paint set!!

Julia Aston said...

Your water spritzed stampings are beautiful Wanda! what a lovely summer card! Thanks so much for joining us in the Fusion Challenge!

Michelle Lupton said...

I love this - the layers, the texture, the watercolour look! All fabulous! Thanks so much for joining in with our challenge at Fusion :)

Lin said...

Swoon.....just love this, Wanda, abeautiful use of the colors and the sketch!

Jeanne J. said...

This is wonderful Wanda - I love the bold color, and the drama of the dark sentiment. You have a great eye for color!

SmilynStef said...

What a fantastic watercolor effect ... so very glad you joined us at Fusion Card Challenge.