Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Color Throwdown



Check out these great colors that Tammy has chosen...based on this fun vintage photo of children at play! If you look at the Color Throwdown Challenge today, you'll see a common theme with many of our cards. We decided we wanted to throw a little "back to school" party for Lori - one of our designers who abruptly had a change handed to her in her teaching career earlier this year.  We all wanted to wish her well as she steps back into the classroom!  Best wishes, Lori!  You truly are a class act!!


I just love this school-themed stamp set from Reverse Confetti!  I think the polka dotted apple sold me on day one!  The card design is using Jen's layout for Reverse Confetti's Sketch For You To Try challenge for the month of August.  It's a keeper! 

I can't believe with all these panels that I didn't use ANY designer papers!  Lori always has such wonderful clean designs, so I knew I wanted to keep the BG white.  Quite a few RC dies were used on this card: apple w/leaf, notebook page and notebook edge.  The arrow border and stem were fussy cut.


STAMPS: Class Act and Arrows 'n Elements - both by Reverse Confetti.
PAPER: White (PTI), Bermuda Bay, Black, Smoky Slate.
INK: Real Red, Bermuda Bay, Smoky Slate, Black Licorice.
ACCESSORIES: Class Act dies by RC, Office Edges die by RC, Mini library clip (SU), Enamel dots.

Play along with us this week and you just might be in the spotlight next week by being our guest star stamper!  You don't have to have exact colors to play along, but you do need to have a close resemblance.  Be sure and link your creation to the linky tool at the bottom of the current challenge post on the Color Throwdown Challenge blog.

I'm so excited to tell you we have a super talented guest designer for August: Jody Collins from Stamping a Latte!  I've been a fan of her creations for a long time and look forward to having her join us!  Welcome, Jodi!
      Want some more inspiration from the rest of the design team?  Check them out below...
Jodi Collins  (August guestie)

Hope to see you in the gallery!

12 comments:

Monika/Buzsy said...

Such a pretty card Wanda. Love that apple, the notebook edge, teh candy dots... perfect card for Lori.

Joan Ervin said...

This is such a wonderful card for Lori...I absolutely love all the RC goodies you used and what a fab sketch!!!!

Broni said...

Love your mix of elements and die cuts! Perfect card for Lori!!

Vickie Z said...

Love how you used the colors, RC images, and sketch!! Wonderful card for Lori!

Jodi Collins said...

I don't think its possible for me to love this card any more! FANTASTIC layout and elements...total perfection!!!

Tammy Hershberger said...

SWEET design, Wanda! LOVE the chevrons to match the cute apple!

Vickie Z said...

Love it!! Love the RC images and the arrow at the bottom is perfect! This is one RC I don't have. Actually I have too many NBUS right now....it's the shopaholic in me and paired with my previous tendonitis-I haven't stamped as much in the past 6 mos. BUT...the second steroid shot helped a lot....planning to get back in the swing of things!!

Amy Sheffer said...

Fantastic card! Love the magic you do with Reverse Confetti! Great take on the SFYTT!

Lori said...

Love this, Wanda! All of the school elements here are perfect. Thanks so much for the encouragement as I get ready to start my new job.

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Beautiful job! Loving those colours!!!

Deanne :)

Kathy said...

Love this card! Fits both challenges very well. Really like the notebook paper in diecut and stamped images.

Songbirdcards.blogspot.com said...

ooh! How lovely. I love it!