Monday, August 4, 2014

Seriously



I have a gazillion flower stamps, but just couldn't resist these great two-step stamp images and
matching dies just released by Lil Inker Designs!  Also love that word die...seriously! :-)  I started with the current Retrosketches Challenge for the layout and guess I took a pretty loose interpretation.  I'm also playing along with Stacy's Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge with this inspiration photo and bow tie theme (photo on right).  I didn't have a single bow tie stamp, but remembered seeing a paper bow that was made using SU's oval punch.  I punched 3 ovals and wrapped two of them around my piercing tool to form the curved loops.  The ends were secured with a tiny glue dot and I also used the mini stapler from Tim Holtz to better hold it together (the button covers this up).  I cut the 3rd oval in half and V-notched each side and adhered it behind the two looped parts of the bow. Love it! 

STAMPS: Lil Inker Designs
PAPER: Authentique "Bundle" pad, Pool Party (SU)
INK: Crushed Curry, Black Licorice hybrid ink
ACCESSORIES: Large oval punch (SU), Button (SU), LID flower dies, LID seriously word die, Black pearls.

Thanks for stopping by...
Wanda

2 comments:

Marisa said...

Your bow is brilliant, Wanda!! Must remember this! fabulous card and thanks for joining us at The Curtain Call :)

Monika/Buzsy said...

So pretty Wanda. Love the flowers and that elegant bow! The die-cut word is awesome. Thank you for playing along with us at the Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge.