Saturday, August 23, 2014

Amazing!



 Yes! It's amazing that I have a 3 day weekend off work! I started off the time with a quick card for two challenges: Just Us Girls with a "Farm Fresh" photo inspiration and the Freshly Made Sketches layout. My background splatters were made by wetting yellow and red watercolor pencils, picking up the color on a brush, then tapping it to drip the water onto the CS.  To keep with a rustic farm theme, I used the barbed wire Die-Namics by MFT and some jute twine.

STAMPS: Splendid Sunflower (MFT), Label Love (Altenew).
PAPER: White (PTI), DP (?)
INK: Crushed Curry, Old Olive, Baked Brown Sugar, Versafine Onyx Black.
ACCESSORIES: Sunflower Die-Namics (MFT), Wire Fence Die-Namics (MFT), Jute twine.

9 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Love the country feel of your card! That barbed wire is a wonderful accent! The big flower is a terrific focal point!

Marisa said...

Perfect for the photo :) Love that big sunflower! Thanks for playing along with Just Us Girls.

Cindy Hall said...

The sentiment is so perfect for this card, because it really is amazing! LOVE the flower and every amazing little detail! Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Cindy Lovell said...

Stunning card,Wanda! Beautiful colors and i love the string behind the pretty sunflower!!

Amie Kiger (Kigz) said...

Gorgeous card! I love that piece of twine and unusual twist with the barbed wire! :)

sue t. said...

This is an awesome card!! CAS and gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!!

Penny Hanuszak said...

Nothing says summer like a Sunflower and yours is gorgeous. I like all the extras you added to your design like the barb wire and linen thread. Great job!

Lisa Kind said...

I'm so loving all the sunflower cards...my favorite flower! Yours is so pretty! I love that barbed wire...I'll have to put that in my cart! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous sunflower! Love your use of the sketch and I agree with Lisa-love the barbed wire! Thanks for joining us this week at Just Us Girls!