Friday, January 6, 2012

Viva la Verve is Back!



Good Friday all! After a holiday hiatus, the Viva la Verve sketch challenge is starting up again for the new year and Amber has a really super sketch for us! It was a perfect layout to break out some new papers from Creative Imaginations called Antique Cream...LOVE!! I already had these flowers stamped and cut out and the leaves were extras from a previous project, so this card took hardly any time to throw together. I also made this for Wendy's Free 4 All challenge on SCS to use the following recipe:
1. 3-D flower
2. Gem/rhinestone
3. EF
4. Die/punch
5. Designer paper
OK...this is where I start growling and where you start imagining the dotted swiss panel was run through the Big Shot with the dotted swiss EF. It's lying here on my desk, so is that close enough? I had already glued the flower and leaves down when I remembered I forgot the embossing step and I simply did not tear it apart to redo it! I'm hoping the challenge police won't throw me out!

What did I use?
STAMPS: Kind Words (sentiment), Hope Blooms (flower) - both by Verve
PAPER: Black, Melon Mambo, Lucky Limeade
INK: Versafine Onyx Black, Melon Mambo (to sponge edges)
ACCESSORIES: Rhinestones by Prima Marketing, Fern punch by MS, Foliage die by Spellbinders.

6 comments:

Cards By Jan said...

Wow Wanda, this is BEAUTIFUL, I love the red and black together, so vibrant!!

Unknown said...

That flower just pops! How beautiful. How did you make it?

Teresa Kline said...

this is gorgeous Wanda!

Marisa said...

Love this, Wanda!! Gorgeous colour combo and love how you layered the leaves. Bang up job with the first sketch of the year!!

Vickie Z said...

Fabulous take on this sketch!!! Love the colors and that flower is gorgeous!!,

Angela said...

I love the splash of color from the flower...so pretty!