Monday, January 9, 2012

Mojo Monday



It's a cloudy, snow-in-the-forecast kind of day but it's also Mojo Monday time and there's a great new sketch to play with...so...let it snow! I also made this for the Technique Lover's Challenge on SCS where Judy has asked us to look at the techniques for 2011 and choose one to re-do. I love stitching details on cards and went with TLC304 to add Sewing/Stitching...Faux or Real. I needed to distress the Martha Stewart doily tag and started with some Antique Linen ink. Ehh...not enough...needed a hint of blue so added a tad of Baja Breeze ink. Still not grungy enough, so I added a bit of Soft Suede. I used Verve's Lovely Marquee die and cut off an edge to add a border for the sentiment. I hand dyed the seam binding using Tattered Angels Pomegranate Shimmer Mist and topped off the card with a lacy Prima flower. Thanks for stopping by...hope your week is starting off on a positive note!

STAMPS: Small Phrases (Verve)
PAPER: Julianne DP by K&Co, Vintage Cream

8 comments:

Cards By Jan said...

Gorgeous Wanda, I love your cards, and you have another beauty here... hugs

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Wanda, this is gorgeous! I love the vintage feel to it...what a great Mojo Monday for you!! Hugs!

Diane said...

This is absolutely gorgeous. I love everything about it!

Dawn B. said...

This is great Wanda. What a great way to use this sketch. Love that you dyed the seam binding. Great job.

Silke Ledlow said...

Simply beautiful Wanda!!! Hugs ~S~

Marisa said...

Great take on the sketch, Wanda :)

Kerri said...

This is gorgeous, Wanda! I love your sponging and beautifully dyed ribbon!

Vickie Z said...

Love the colors and using the maquis die half for sentiment!! Hand dying your ribbon....you have been a busy girl and it is gorgeous!!! Thought I read that you had some snow???