Monday, January 2, 2012

Mojo Sympathy Card


It's with a lot of sadness that I'm making this card for a co-worker who unexpectedly lost her young adult son on Christmas day. I went with earthy colors and loved working with Julee's awesome sketch for the Mojo Monday Sketch Challenge! I stamped the ferns using Soft Suede ink then ran the kraft panel through the Big Shot using the square lattice EF by SU. The rest is pretty simple.
Here's what else I used:
STAMPS: Forever in Our Hearts by Verve
PAPER: Simply Chartreuse (PTI), Kraft, Soft Suede, Vintage Cream
INK: Soft Suede
ACCESSORIES: Maya Road corrugated circle and small kraft flower, Copper brads, Metal flower brad by SU, Fern and frond punches by Martha Stewart, Square lattice EF, Wide twill tape by SU, Twine, Corduroy button by SU.

Off to work I go after almost 3 weeks vacation...I'm trying not to be too sad because I do need to support my stamping habit - lol!

10 comments:

Pam Speidel said...

Hello Wanda,
Your card is especially beautiful and will surely be a blessing to your dear friend in her grief. I can't imagine losing a child!
I'm a huge fan of yours and follow your blog regularly. Your creations always have the special touch that bring them to life. This one is no exception!
Wishing you all the BEST in 2012!
Hugs & smiles, Pam :)

Unknown said...

What a beautiful card! Nice interpretation of the sketch. :)

Bernardine Cuttino said...

Beautiful card with love, Happy New Year

dstandard said...

Beautiful card - love the embossing!

Marisa said...

Great take on the sketch, Wanda. Love the colours, leaves in the BG and ribbon treatment. My heart goes out to your co-worker - they say the loss of a child is crushing. Glad you can provide some support.

RitaR said...

This is just so lovely and I'm sure it will help to comfort your co-worker during this very sad time.

Joan Ervin said...

Ooooh, fabulous, Wanda!!!! The colors you used are beautiful and I love how you tied the button around the wide ribbon!!!!!

Debbie Carriere said...

Gorgeous!! Love the BG paper you made! So sorry about your co-worker's son - I can't imagine the grief.

Tanya said...

The card is beautiful. So sorry you had to make it...

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Such a gorgeous card. Thanks for playing Mojo Monday!