Thursday, January 5, 2012

Birthday Silhouette



This card is for 2 different challenges:
MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge
Ways to Use It - create a birthday card for Michelle who is hosting today and include some fave elements.
I've had this MFT set since Thanksgiving and am just now inking it up. The mini rolled roses and the floral flourish are 2 of my fave dies from MFT. I added some faux cross-stitching by paper piercing, then used a fine ink pen to draw in the cross stitches. Hope you are having a great week...I'm so grateful the temperatures here in VA are moving out of the 20's and 30's for a few days...feels like a heat wave compared to 7 degrees with wind chill factor!

STAMPS: Die-Namics Vintage Cameo Frame & Set
PAPER: Lost & Found Two "Blush" pad by MME, Black, White, Lucky Limeade, Purely Pomegranate
INK: Noir Black Palette hybrid ink
ACCESSORIES: Mini rolled roses Die-Namics by MFT, Floral Flourish Die-Namics by MFT, Rhinestones by Recollections, Frond punch by MS, Doily Die-Namics by MFT, Piercing tool & template.

3 comments:

Marisa said...

You can send this to me for my b-day in a couple of weeks if you like ;) Lovely use of the cameo and the roses look great. I have that flourish die on my wish list along with the other one.

Angela said...

Wanda, this is gorgeous! This set is on the way to my house (thought it would arrive today...maybe tomorrow)so thank you for the inspiration!

Kerri said...

This is so pretty! I love how you used that layout! I'm glad you are thawing out a little bit:)