Friday, January 27, 2012

Recipe Challenge at RTB


Good Friday to all! Raise the Bar is having a recipe challenge this week: pink, silver, ribbon and tag! So fun and just perfect for a Valentine creation!  I also played along with the Viva la Verve challenge on SCS using the week 2 sketch by Andrea.  I tweaked it a bit here and there but the overall feel to the sketch is there.  My BG is a new technique that Judy introduced on Monday in the Technique Lover's Challenge on SCS....LOVE this look!  It's a way to mimic some pottery/porcelain pieces she saw when she visited Belleek Pottery in Ireland.  I brayered Blushing Bride ink over one side of an EF (Cuttlebug's Kassie's Brocade - love the 5x7" size!), then inserted white CS and ran it through my Big Shot!  The flower is a new discovery at Michael's...love it!

Be sure to stop by and see what the other bartenders have created!  We hope you can join us!
Joni
Thanh
Julie

My positive blurb for the day:
Age is an issue of mind over matter.  If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.    Mark Twain

STAMPS: Tag Time (Verve), Text Objects (Verve) - hearts
PAPER: Blushing Bride, White (PTI)
INK: Blushing Bride, Basic Gray
ACCESSORIES: Kassie's Brocade EF, Corner chomper, Blushing Bride ribbon by SU, Silver wire cording, Tagged rectangle die by Verve, Kaiser silver pearls, Foliage die by Spellbinders, Offray ribbon (Walmart), Lace heart border die by MS, Prima by Blue Moon Beads (Michael's).

6 comments:

Marisa said...

Great take on Andrea's sketch and love the BG! Going to have to try it out. Darling hearts and great flower. Love the quote - I'm living it LOL!

Bridget said...

Wanda, I absolutely love this! The bg you created, the black and white ribbon, the little hearts, it's all fabulous!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Beautiful and girlie... love the background and that pretty little flower!

Vickie Z said...

Lovely and the bg is fabulous!!! Those are some of my all time favorite hearts!!

Cards By Jan said...

BEAUTIFUL!! Wanda, I love your soft tones, in the BG, beautiful flower, and perfect hearts, hugs

Kristin K. said...

Absolutely beautiful. I am so glad that Teresa Kline told me about your blog. Thanks for the great inspiration!