Saturday, January 14, 2012

ODBDSLC92 Winter Word Play


Chris has a fun word play challenge for this week's ODBD Shining the Light Challenge! Use three tools or embellishments beginning with three of the letters in the work W-I-N-T-E-R. For my card I chose to use N-Nestabilities, E-Embossing folder and R-Ribbon. My sentiment is from ODBD Simple Things set and then I cut apart the daisy image (after coloring with Copics) from the set called Daisy. I love that this floral image can be so versatile...you can leave it as is or you can do your own "floral arranging"! I used one of Karen Giron's Sweet Sunday sketches for the layout.

To make the ODBD challenge even more fun, we will be giving out a prize, a $15 gift certificate to be used toward stamps at the Our Daily Bread Designs store!! Entries for the prize must be submitted by Friday, January 20 at 8 a.m. EST. One random winner will be chosen and announced next Saturday. If you are not using ODBD stamps, please do not enter more than once. Additional entries without using ODBD stamps will not be commented on or will they qualify for prizes.

While it is not required to use Our Daily Bread Designs images and sentiments on your creations, we would love to see them if you have them.As a way of recognizing those who do use Our Daily Bread Designs stamps, we will again be choosing 1 to 2 creations to spotlight for our Shining the Light Award. In order to qualify for this award, however, you must use Our Daily Bread stamps and have your submission added to Mr. Linky by Friday, January 20 at 8 a.m. EST.If you upload your creations to Splitcoast Stampers or any other
online gallery, please use the keyword is ODBDSLC92. When creating your posts on blogs please include a link to the challenge.

For more inspiration for this challenge, please visit my DT sisters:

To see all the creations in one place or join the challenge, click here.
We hope you can join the challenge! We look forward to seeing your creations!!

Thanks for stopping by and for taking time to comment!



What did I use?
STAMPS: Daisy (ODBD), Simple Things (ODBD)
PAPER: Garden Girl DP by Bo Bunny, Vintage Cream, X-Press Blend It
INK: Memento Tuxedo Black, Antique Linen distress ink by Tim Holtz
ACCESSORIES: Labels Nine Nestie, Fanciful Flourish die by Cheery Lynn Designs, Pleated ribbon, Doily lace border punch by MS , Ribbon, Rhinestones, Victoria EF.

16 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a stunning card Wanda!! I just love your use of the daisies and your colors!! Gorgeous take on the sketch and awesome use of the letters in "winter". Have a great weekend!!
hugs,
Chris

Saints Rule! said...

Wanda this is absolutely beautiful! I love how you colored the daisies. They remind me of one of my favorite summer flowers, purple coneflowers! And the sentiment you chose is perfect for this springlike feel of this card! I love how you incorporated the flourishes in. It looks the daisies are holding in a secret! Spring maybe?? Blessings and have a wonderful weekend!

L

Debbie Carriere said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, Wanda!!! LOVE the purples!!

irishgreensue said...

Loving those purple daisies and the greens in your card - that sentiment is so wonderful and your whole card just spells S P R I N G to me!!

Marisa said...

Well done with the challenge!! Love the card!! The flowers and vine are fabulous as is the sentiment :)

Rosemary said...

absolutely fabulous card, wanda!! loving all the layers and gorgeous details!!

Darlene Gabriel said...

Gorgeous card. I love the way you did those flowers and scattered them around on the card. That ribbon is beautiful. What a wonderful sentiment and how true - love it.

Cards By Jan said...

Just BEAUTIFUL!! I love those flowers, and how you coloured them, and thanks for the help in colours for a newbie copic colourer like me!!

Grace said...

Wanda this is such a pretty card!!! I LOVE the color combo... and your layout is wonderful! Great take on the sketch challenge and the WINTER word play!!! Stunning!!!
hugs,
Grace

Teresa Kline said...

this is gorgeous Wanda, I luv the flowers, your coloring is sooooo good!

enjoy *~*

Mary Marsh said...

wow this is beautiful Wanda-love all the elements on this-your coloring is always outstanding and the pleated ribbon is fab

Vicki Burdick said...

Gorgeous Wanda!! Love the purple flowers!!

Marlena M. said...

I totally agree with this sentiment. Lovely card Wanda! ;)

Jan Marie said...

Love the design, the bright flowers and that fab ribbon! Everything is perfectly arranged and the sentiment just pops from the page! Very rich, very lovely! Blessings!

Peggy said...

Beautiful card! Reminds me of things to come in the spring!

Sabrina Jackson said...

Yeah, finally am I able to leave you a comment! Goodness, that Blogger was giving all kinds of trouble. Wanda, your card is fabulous!! I love how these wonderful daisies frame the sentiment and your paper...gorgeous!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina