Saturday, January 7, 2012

ODBDSLC #91


Happy Saturday everyone! Today I am popping in to share the first challenge of the New Year at the Our Daily Bread Designs Shining the Light challenge!!

This Week's Challenge-
"In with the new....out with the Old"

The team challenges you to create
a card using something new and something old on your card.

To make the challenge even more fun, we will be giving out a prize, a $15 gift certificate to be used toward stamps at the Our Daily Bread Designs store!! Entries for the prize must be submitted by F riday, January 13th at 8 a.m. EST. One random winner will be chosen and announced next Saturday. If you are not using ODBD stamps, please do not enter more than once. Additional entries without using ODBD stamps will not be commented on or will they qualify for prizes.

While it is not required to use Our Daily Bread Designs images and sentiments on your creations, we would love to see them if you have them.As a way of recognizing those who do use Our Daily Bread Designs stamps, we will again be choosing 1 to 2 creations to spotlight for our Shining the Light Award.Inorder to qualify for this award, however, you must use Our Daily Bread stamps and have yoursubmission added to Mr. Linky by Friday, January 13th at 8 a.m. EST. If you upload your creations to Splitcoaststampers or any other online gallery, please use the keyword is ODBDSLC91. When creating your posts on blogs please include a link to the challenge.

Now on to my take for the challenge:
I couldn't stop with just one card...had to use some new stamps along with some new papers by Echo Park for my first card. I was so excited to see the bleeding heart image in the January release as it was one of my favorite flowers in my mom's flower garden! I colored with Copics using R81, R83, & R85 for the flowers & G40, G21, & G24 for the leaves; C00 was used along the frame edge. I fussy cut the flowers and mounted them on the hand cut doily frame from the new Special Blend set. My "old" element is the top note die.
On to my second card...


My new element is this Fun Day 6x6 designer paper pad by My Mind's Eye with its unusual color palette of kraft, cream and black. I still consider the clover image and sentiment from the Simple Things set to be new since it just came out in ODBD's December release. My "old" element is the button which I found in my button tin... probably from my grandmother's stash and added to by my mother. The jury is still out on this monochromatic card...sure do miss my colors - lol!
For more inspiration for this challenge, please visit my DT sisters:

To see all the creations in one place or join the challenge, click here.
We hope you can join the challenge! We look forward to seeing your creations!!

Thanks for stopping by and for taking time to comment!

Recipe for 1st card...
STAMPS: Bleeding Heart, Special Blend - both by ODBD
PAPER: Yours Truly by Echo Park, Black, White
ACCESSORIES: Top note die by SU, Large dot EF, Black satin ribbon by SU, Vintage button by PTI, Copics, Adhesive pearls by Prima Marketing, Dainty lace border Die-Namic by MFT.


Recipe for 2nd card...
STAMPS: Simple Things (clover) & Little Things (sentiment) - both by ODBD
PAPER: Fun Day DP (MME), Black, Vintage Cream.
INK: Versafine Onyx Black, Antique Linen distress ink by Tim Holtz
ACCESSORIES: Oval Nesties, Clover die by ODBD, Seam binding by SU, Button, Twine, Black lace trim.

12 comments:

Saints Rule! said...

Wow Wanda! Both cards are amazing! I love the rich tones of your second card but the lovely pinks of the first call to me as well! Good thing I don't have to choose! Have a wonderful weekend! Blessings...

L

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Wow Wanda!! Both cards are stunning!! I just love your placement and layout of the bleeding hearts. You sure showcased the frame beautifully. Very creative design!! Your second is gorgeous in kraft and black. Your cut out detail and your dimension really are perfect and stunning!!
Have a great weekend!!
hugs,
Chris

Rosemary said...

wow, wanda!! not one, but two gorgeous cards!!

Grace said...

Absolutely stunning Wanda! LOVE the top one! The color combo is one of my faves and everything just pops! Love the quiet calming feel of the second! So excited to have you joining us at ODBD!!!

Francie G. said...

Goodness, two beautiful creations! Love them both!

Cards By Jan said...

Beautifully done Wanda!! I love the bleeding heart, and love what you did here with it, hugs!

irishgreensue said...

The 2 directions you went with this challenge are equally as beautiful (yes, even with the absence of color in the second one - I love it!)The classy look of the first card still impressed me with the fussy cut bleeding hearts - such a nice memory of your Mom's garden! Hugs!

Jan Marie said...

Oh Wanda, these are both so beautiful! I love the classic elegance of the second and the neutral colors, but the first one is equally beautiful! Nice work!! It's such a blessing serving with you at ODBD!

Becky said...

Both of these are beautiful Wanda.

Teresa Kline said...

the gavel is down!!!!!...the non colors of black, cream. and kraft are awesome....I adore the bleeding heart card...super sweet. The bleeding heart plant is one of my favorites...have a great week!

enjoy *~*

Teresa Kline said...

your first link is not working.

Debi said...

Gorgeous cards Wanda. I really think that monochromatic beauty is my absolute fav!