Sunday, July 26, 2020

Slimline Birds




Good Sunday everyone! My project is featured over on the Ink to Paper blog today, so be sure to stop by and check it out HERE


It's a good day to get crafty and I wanted to share a fun slimline card I created using a variety of the bird stamps and dies recently released by Ink to Paper! The slimline craze is becoming a popular card size (my base is 4" by 9 1/4") which fits a business size envelope. I wanted to try some color blending with an irregular torn edge look for the background, so I cut some copy paper to the size of my card base then gently tore out the center section. I then taped the negative spaced "frame" to the white base panel using washi tape and used a blender brush to add Tumbled Glass distress oxide ink to the paper. 
 

These birds pair up so nicely with the Blossoming Branches stamps + dies. I fussy cut around the 'just because' sentiment.

STAMPS: Just Sentiments: Just Because, Blossoming Branches, Feathered Friends Mini 1
INK: Pale Peony, Melon Berry, Berry Sorbet, Spring Rain, Blueberry Sky, Enchanted Evening, Fine Linen, Saffron Spice, Honey Nut, Cocoa Bean, Canyon Clay, Lemon Tart, Bright Buttercup, Summer Sunrise, Spring Moss, Simply Chartreuse, Olive Twist, Green Parakeet, New Leaf, Ripe Avocado, True Black
PAPER: White, True Black
DIES: Feathered Friends 2, Blossoming Branches


This card will be sent to my dad who is in a nursing home about 350 miles away. Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, he cannot have visitors except through a closed window and phone conversation. I am praying this virus soon disappears, but in the meantime, I try to send him lots of cards.

Hopefully you've been inspired today...
                                                   Happy stamping!    ~Wanda

1 comment:

Jody Green said...

Let me be the first to tell you that this card is gorgeous! I love your composition and, of course, the birds.