Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Ink to Paper July Reveal Day #2



Are you ready for some more reveals today? Like I hinted yesterday, you'll be learning about the birds and the bees today...among other things!  My first two cards showcase the Bee-utiful Stamp Set/Dies + Here's to You Stamp Set/Dies.



This is an adorable bee set that I colored with Copics then arranged over a stenciled background.



I added clear Wink of Stella to the bees' wings to give them a subtle shimmer. 

STAMPS: Bee-utiful (Ink to Paper)
INK: Squeezed Lemonade, Mustard Seed, Fossilized Amber distress oxide inks; Memento Tuxedo Black
PAPER: White, X-Press It Blending Card
DIES: Bee-utiful, Skinny Frames: Diagonal Border
OTHER: Copics


With all these glasses of bubbly, I thought a bokeh technique in the background would be a good fit. I first color blended with three distress oxide inks, then took my homemade stencil (cut a variety of sizes of circle dies on a piece of acetate) to ink the circles using a white pigment ink. 




STAMPS: Here's to You (Ink to Paper)
INK: Squeezed Lemonade, Carved Pumpkin, Barn Door distress oxide inks for blended background; Aqua Mist, Tropical Teal, True Black, Soft Stone, Saffron Spice, Honey Nut, Limeade Ice, Bright Buttercup, Scarlet Jewel, Hibiscus Burst, Raspberry Fizz; Frost White pigment ink used with bokeh stencil
PAPER: White
DIES: Here's to You, Love to Layer: Notched dies, Banner Builders: Basics

The remainder of the introductions will reveal the following new products: Into the Blooms Die + In Stitches: Strawberry Die + Feathered Friends 2 Die + Feathered Friends Mini Stamp Set/Die + Inside Greetings: Just Because Mini Stamp Set.


You know I love flowers on my cards, so this next die set is a must have for so many possible floral combinations! I focused on water coloring just the Black-eyed Susans and paired them with Dark Indigo patterned papers.



STAMPS: Just Sentiments: Just Because
INK: Enchanted Evening, Versamark
PAPER: Bitty Big: Enchanted Evening, Enchanted Evening, White
DIES: Love to Layer: Notched dies, Border Bling: Diamonds, Love to Layer: Scalloped Circles, Into the Blooms 
OTHER: White embossing powder, Mijello Mission Gold watercolor paints


This fun little felt project took me back to my childhood when I recalled my mother teaching me embroidery skills. Don't know when I last did French knots or even a whip stitch, but it's been a long time! I cut out two strawberries and stitched them together. I wasn't sure how I would use it (package tie on, ornament, home decor?) and I finally opted to clip it onto a pedestal stand and it is currently a pop of color in my stamp room. 

Felt (100% wool from Papertrey Ink)
Black DMC thread


Now for the birds...my favorite two cards of this release! I'm so happy they added both a new bird die and a mini bird stamp set/die! My husband and I love watching the birds that come to our feeders and have quite a variety that pig out on a regular basis! 

I'm part of the Feature Post on the Ink to Paper blog today - you can check it out HERE and I won't repeat my quote or helpful tips here on my blog.



I stenciled the background using PTI's Modern stencil and distress
oxide inks (Peacock Feathers + Twisted Citron). I then popped the pierced frame panel with foam tape and arranged the flowers and leaves around the bird and sentiment. To the right is the inside of the card with an awesome sentiment from the new Inside Greetings set.

STAMPS: Feathered Friends Mini; Inside Greetings: Just Because Mini; Floral Breeze
INK: Canyon Clay, Weathervane, Smokey Shadow, Lovely Lady Hibiscus Burst, Paspberry Fizz, True Black, Lemon Tart, Bright Buttercup, Summer Sunrise; Peacock Feathers and Twisted Citron distress oxide inks used with stencil
PAPER: White, Hawaiian Shores, Green Parakeet
DIES: Feathered Friends Mini; Floral Breeze; Pierced Feature Frames; Floral Delicacies
OTHER: Modern stencil (Papertrey Ink)


I decided to venture out and create a birdhouse after seeing some ideas on Pinterest. I simply folded some printer paper in half and cut out the shape then traced it onto card stock. The decorative roof was made with a scallop punch and the opening was with a 1" punch. Once again, I cut apart the large leafy die from Floral Delicacies and sponged the edges with a darker green ink.



STAMPS: Floral Breeze
INK: Aqua Mist, Hawaiian Shores, Spring Moss, True Black, Lemon Tart, Bright Buttercup, Summer Sunrise, Canyon Clay, Fine Linen, Classic Kraft, Cocoa Bean
PAPER: White, Aqua Mist, Green Parakeet
DIES: Skinny Frames: Diagonal Border, Floral Delicacies, Floral Breeze, Feathered Friends 2.
OTHER: Black twine


I hope you've enjoyed these introductions and were inspired to go shopping! They will be available to buy on Wednesday, July 15 at 10:00 PM ET! Check out the store link HERE.
                         
                             Happy stamping!          ~Wanda 





1 comment:

Stephanie Clapper said...

Hi Wanda! This is a Fabulous post! From your cute bees and bright Black-eyed Susans to your gorgeous bokeh background, I’m ready to join you for some bird watching with a cool luscious drink! Every card you designed is fun, colorful and Awesome! I really enjoyed everything! Your birdhouse is a Wonderful creation, you’re SO creative! And btw, my hubby and I have about 6 bird feeders and feed a few critters every morning! Part of my favorite part of the day! Happy Tuesday! 😊💖