Friday, July 24, 2020

Christmas in July


I wanted to play along with The Card Concept Challenge where their theme is Christmas in July. It felt weird to have it be a scorching hot day outside and be creating a Christmas card with snowflakes in the background - lol! But...now I can say I started on my Christmas card stash!



I was inspired by the slender tall tree and star and went with this fun stamp set by Ink to Paper. I consider my style to be clean and layered. 

I totally went with an earthy color palette and may need to do another card using the red and aqua colors which I also love. To avoid covering up much of the background, I added the sentiment which is gold embossed on vellum. 


STAMPS + DIES: Peaceful Forest (Ink to Paper).

Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting!   ~Wanda
 

3 comments:

designbydonna said...

Love all the different styles and colors of trees. The vellum is a nice way to have sentiment but not cover up the images.

Pauline said...

Wanda, this is a lovely card. Love all the shades of green your design and the way you did you sentiment on vellum! I was just looking at this set as well thinking I need to do a few Christmas cards this year with it. Thank you for the inspiration!

Nancy Penir said...

Hi Wanda! Your card is a gem with these emerald trees. It really makes a peaceful statement, especially now when we all need peace in our lives! Beautifully done! So happy you played along at the Card Concept.