Thursday, April 4, 2019

Alcohol Ink Birthday

 
Our family has a boat load of birthdays this month, so I'm needing to build up my stash! I'm using the sketch for Try Stampin' on Tuesday's current challenge!  I started with another alcohol ink background (yes, I have quite a few from a recent play session) using Copic refills and Pinata Brass metallic mixative (ordered from Amazon).  


STAMPS: Whole Shebang (CAS-ual Fridays Stamps), Your Beautiful Birthday (Papertrey Ink).
PAPER: Yupo by Ranger; White by PTI.
INK: Memento Tuxedo Black; Green Parakeet, Hawaiian Shores, Harvest Gold, Summer Sunrise by PTI.
DIES: Scalloped Squares by Reverse Confetti; Stitched Rectangle STAX by My Favorite Things.

The frame, sentiment and cake were all popped up with foam tape.



5 comments:

Donna Scholz said...

What a great take on our Try Stampin' on Tuesday sketch, Wanda! Love the shades of green, and the organic feel it has. Using the white frame around the cake draws attention to the subtle nature of the theme. I really like how you brought all the elements together!!! Thank you for sharing your creative talents with us at TSOT, Wanda!!! -Donna

Heather said...

OMG, Wanda, this card is awesome! First off, I laughed out loud when I read the sentiment, so perfect and funny. Second off, the card is beautiful! Love your play with the washes in green for the background, and your use of the frame element - just brilliant! Very fresh and modern! Thanks so much for playing at TSOT!

Krafty Kaylin said...

from the tiny image on the challenge blog I wasnt sure what to expect but I love the background and the fun happy feel of this birthday card. thanks for joining us at TSOT!

libbystamps said...

What a stunning background! Thank for joining us at TSOT!

Donna Scholz said...

Congratulations, Wanda, you are one of our top 3 card creators rhis week at Try Stampin' on Tuewsday! -Donna