Friday, March 1, 2019

Freshly Made Sketches



My favorite sketch is one that involves a corner collage, so this new layout at Freshly Made Sketches was a must do challenge for me! To add a bit of texture, I added Liquitex texture paste with a Tim Holtz' Bubble stencil for the background.  I then splattered some Twisted Citron distress ink over the base panel.

I'm also playing along with Papertrey Ink's Win It Wednesday challenge where Laurie Schmidlin is asking us to use a favorite accessory from PTI.  It was between ribbon and buttons for me, so I went with this older set called Baby Button Bits which has this adorable little pea design for a baby card!




The leaves were punched from patterned paper using a Martha Stewart punch.  Now that wafer dies are so common, I rarely use my punches and have debated purging them from my little crafty room.  I did eliminate some punches but this one survived the cut - lol!

6 comments:

LeAnne said...

This is ADORABLE! I predict a winner!

Chris said...

Cute idea! I like your use of buttons on the card!

Nancy Penir said...

Adorable use of buttons, Wanda. And your punched leaves are perfect. I wouldn't get rid of that one!

Betty Wright said...

Wanda, this is wonderful! Love the background elements and the way you used buttons!

Luanne said...

Super sweet! Wonderful elements for a darling card!

Karren said...

Oh this is so cute and such a great take on the sketch! The buttons add a wonderful element. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.