Sunday, March 24, 2019

HB2U


You can never have enough birthday cards in your stash...especially for masculine recipients! I am playing along with Just Us Girls where it's photo week and I was inspired by the balloons and birthday theme!  I'm also using the sketch for the Sketch Saturday Challenge. 


I started with a base of Yupo paper with alcohol inks swiped
horizontally for a subtle striped effect.  Unfortunately, I nearly covered it all up so it's difficult to see the striped variations of color. I used scraps of cardstock that blended with the alcohol inks then hand doodled strings onto the balloons.  

STAMPS: Whole Shebang (CAS-ual Fridays).
INK: Versafine Onyx Black (stamped x 3 using MISTI).
DIES: Stitched Squares and Rectangle STAX (My Favorite Things); Balloons (Simon Says Stamp).

Are you enjoying the March Madness of all the basketball games throughout the US?  Our two top teams are playing later today (UVA and VA Tech), so I'll be getting into cheer mode then! Hopefully, they will make it into the Sweet Sixteen group of teams!

2 comments:

Lisa Kind said...

OMGosh that sentiment! Love it! And your card is very cute! Love the design and colors! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

Maria said...

What a great card. Love the colors and that Happy Birthday sentiment is awesome! Thanks so much for playing long with Just Us Girls this week.