Thursday, February 28, 2019

Spring Berries

 
I'm playing along for the first time with the Double D Challenges where there is a pink and white theme happening spurred by this retro mood board! I needed a thank you card for the radiation oncology staff after I completed my 30 radiation treatments yesterday (the last step in my battle against breast cancer)!  Woohoo!  The ceiling in the treatment room was also an inspiration for my card.  In spite of the frequent cold
and rainy weather outdoors, I knew I would see the sun shining in the treatment room! I took the photo on the right while lying on the exam table.

I wanted a very subtle light tan coloring to my brick background, so I added a couple drops of EOO Copic reinker to a dab of Liquitex light modeling paste.  I applied it using the English Brick Wall stencil from My Favorite Things.


The berry branches are from Papertrey Ink's Beautiful Berries: Spring set which involves two-step stamping that has a more successful outcome if you use a MISTI.  I then adhered the Grand Madison Window die by Poppystamps with foam tape.  The sentiment is from The Stamp Market's Handwritten Thanks stamp set.

I'm also entering this into the new CAS(E) This Sketch challenge.


Thanks so much for stopping by!  I'll leave this post with a photo of the ceremonial bell ringing that happens when either chemo or radiation treatments are completed!  Three of the wonderful radiation oncology staff are celebrating with me! I bravely kept my scarf off and am showcasing my slowly growing, very gray hair that is growing back! :-)

6 comments:

Darlene said...

WOW! Your card is just BEAUTIFUL Wanda! LOVE your design and how nice you had that beautiful image to view while going through your treatment. CONGRATS on the completion of said treatments and I think your hair looks LOVELY!!! Proud of you!!
Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Pink & White’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

Su Mohr said...

Wanda, I was attracted to your pretty window, and continued reading about your battle with cancer. I’m celebrating your bell-ringing milestone! I love seeing your smiling face. Bless you!

Leslie Miller said...

Wanda, it's so good to see your delicate and very pretty card in our Double D challenge today! You must be so happy to have finished your treatment. Congratulations! Aren't the staff and facilities wonderful? Oncology units generally go above and beyond for their patients. I worked in a medical lab for 30+ years and I know that nothing was more important to the oncology staff than the comfort of their patients. The window on the ceiling is beautiful. I think you look super cute in your short 'do! Anyway... I'm so glad you played along with us at Double D!

Jaydee said...

Wanda. Congratulations on completion of your treatments - the bell ringing is a major milestone. I also love that you celebrated your hair - love it! Oh.... I love your card, too!
hugs
jaydee

Jacquie Southas said...

Gorgeous card, Wand! Congratulations on putting radiation behind you!

Donna Phelan said...

Congratulations! Be Well! What a pretty view, out the window and your gorgeous card! I have always loved a window on a card, and yours with the beautiful florals looks amazing! Such a bright spot! hanks so much for playing along with us at The Double D, Pink And White Challenge, Donna, DT Member.