Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Tuesday Trigger with Retro Sketch



I loved the current Retro Sketch challenge layout and decided to pair it up with inspiration from the Tuesday Trigger photo.  Love the clean lines and the crispness of the navy and white together!  Then there's that kraft rug...ahhh...that was the inspiration for my embossed card base!  I brayered Crumb Cake ink over a plaid embossing folder then added white cardstock and ran it through my Big Shot.  I wanted to add the stripe element, so I embossed a couple of the stars with a striped embossing folder.  The room has a cottage decor feel, so I added a little homespun touch by using the stitched rectangle die and then I stamped a cross-stitched border at the edge of the flag.  The little star on the sentiment was stamped twice, then I cut it out and popped it with a foam dot for dimension.  I also added a touch of glitter using a glue pen for the adhesive.

STAMPS: Shining Star (Verve), Borderline (Verve).
PAPER: Kraft (Recollections), Night of Navy, White, Silver glitter card stock by SU.
INK: Night of Navy, Crumb Cake.
ACCESSORIES: Plaid EF by Cuttlebug, Nautical EF by QuikKutz, Star Die-Namics by MFT, Flags STAX Die-Namics by MFT, Stitched rectangle die by Lil' Inker Designs, Brayer, Rhinestones, Dazzling Diamonds glitter by SU.

So glad you stopped by...I always appreciate your comments!


14 comments:

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Love this, Wanda!

Jacquie Southas said...

Love the kraft base - perfect echo of the rug in the photo!

Leni said...

Just perfect for the trigger! Wonderful card!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

You captured the Trigger perfectly!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Wanda! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Teresa Zuehls said...

Congrats, Wanda on your TT win! Great card and take on the Trigger. Have a great day!

Paula S. said...

This is beautiful! The base is perfect. I hadn't even noticed the rug in the trigger photo. Congrats on a well-deserved win!

Bethany said...

Great card Wanda!

Nancy Penir said...

So happy for you winning the shout out Wanda! Well deserved.

Lin said...

I love the effect of your inked embossing folder, Wanda! Beautiful take on the Trigger - congrats on Kath's shoutout!!

My Paper Epiphany said...

Wow, this is perfect! Congrats!

Angie C. D. said...

Congratulations on winning the Tuesday Trigger!!!

Colleen Dietrich said...

This is a GREAT take on the inspo pic...no wonder you are a winner, Wanda! Congrats to you, and thank you for stopping by yesterday. :) nice to see you!

Stempelgedöns said...

Great take on the TT and congratulations!