Thursday, August 22, 2013

Deconstructed Sketch


Jen has another great Deconstructed Sketch Challenge posted today! I'm also playing along with Splitcoaststampers' Ways to Use It Challenge to use beads.  I love that this challenge "pushes" me to use some supplies that I've forgotten - in this case it's microbeads!  I thought this sunflower - one of my fave images to color - would be perfect to add some brown beads to the center.  I also added Glossy Accents to the little ladybug.  The card base is a 5 1/2" textured pre-made card from a Recollections card and envelope set.  I then cut the green panel in a 4 1/2" square and continued to layer and layer.

Here's what I used:
STAMPS: Sunflowers (Flourishes)
PAPER: Graphic 45 "French Country" 6x6 pad, X-Press It Blending Card (for image), White
INK: Memento Tuxedo Black
ACCESSORIES: Jute twine, PTI Tiny Tags die, Copics, Glossy Accents, Microbeads, Rick Rack Die-Namics by MFT, Flag die by Lil' Inker Designs, Corner chomper, Stitched Rectangle die by Lil' Inker Designs.

4 comments:

Marisa said...

Oh how I love fall colours!! They just make me happy :) Fabulous card using them and the sketch! Love the hello tag :)

Gisela said...

Beautiful card Wanda! The sunflower looks amazing.

ChristineCreations said...

I love the sunflowers on the chevon strips! What a great pairing! And I love how it ties in with the ladybug! Too sweet Wanda!

Jen Shults said...

I love it Wanda! Your card has such a gorgeous rustic feel and I LOVE that wonderful sunflower! Perfect for fall! Thanks for joining us for DS115!