Monday, August 5, 2013

Sketchbook Saturday Challenge



Fin-eeeeshed!! This is my last DTGD card and it covers two challenges: Eggette and JBgreendawn! It's the first time I recall completing all DTGD challenges - 42 total (if I'm counting correctly)!  I fell in love with Chupa's Saturday Sketchbook Challenge this week...isn't it a super sketch?!  My desk was really a wreck after doing so much marathon stamping over the past week!  I used some leftovers in my stash for this card: the crimped heart, the leaves, doily, and bird cage.  I had most of the elements within arm's reach...it was just a matter of figuring out an arrangement. 

PAPER: Bramble Rose (MME), Rustic Cream (PTI), Gold metallic CS, Old Olive, Kraft
ACCESSORIES: SU Embellishments Artisan Kit (ticket, flower, tag, doily), Stick pin by Little Yellow Bicycle, Vintage bird cage die by Poppystamps, Tipsy Heart die by Sizzix, Crimper, Bird sticker by K&Co.

I have a pot of apples cooking on the stove for applesauce.  Time to run them through the sieve...sweeten them up a bit...and garnish with cinnamon for a sweet summer side dish! Grilled tilapia, fresh corn and steamed potatoes are also on the menu for dinner! :-)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful, Wanda! Love all the sweet elements!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Lovely work!!

Desire Fourie said...

Such a cheerful creation. Loving the birdie and the cage.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Marisa said...

I wanna come to your house for dinner!! Yum! Darling card. Love the white on the corrugated heart adn the wonderful scene you created.

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Beautiful!! So soft and feminine, I adore the die cuts you put together!