Monday, August 19, 2013

Freestyle Grunge


Joan has a really fun Technique Lovers' Challenge over on SCS today: freestyle design! It's simply choosing a variety of elements and textures and putting them together into a design that looks pleasing to the eye. One of my fave new SU sets from the new catalog is this Gorgeous Grunge set!  I love the fine lines and splatter stamps which add such a cool effect to a background.  I had a leftover open frame in my stash (using a Verve die) then started layering with a crocheted doily, some text leaves, primas, stick pins and ticket (which has a sentiment stamped from Verve's Small Phrases set).  I adhered most of the items using Tombow Multi glue and glue dots.  The stitched rectangle panel was popped using foam tape. The sentiment stamped on the ticket is from Verve's Small Phrases set.


I had a great lunch date with my daughter today!  Weather was perfect to eat at a fun local restaurant, The Purple Foot, that has an outdoor patio with fountains and gorgeous landscaping!  They have a wonderful wine (which explains the name of the restaurant) and gift shop, too, and we had to check that out.  Didn't buy anything (yet) but there are a few things I've mentally put on my Christmas list for a certain daughter - lol!  We had a lot of fun reading their menu with the greatest pita puns!  I ordered quiche and salad which was so yummy!  Check them out below...aren't they clever?!

After lunch I stopped at Michael's (that coupon was burning a hole in my pocket!).  Bought some acrylic paints so I can play with my new Gelli printing plate I bought last week.  I'll be posting some cards soon...or so I hope!

Thanks for stopping by...

3 comments:

Marisa said...

Such a delightful card, Wanda! There are those stitched squares too. Great crochetted flower adn love all that white space and splatter you added. Those pitas sound delicious!!! Great name for a restaurant too :)

Cards By Jan said...

Beautiful card Wanda...I especially that lil crochet circle...sure adds that special touch!!

Joan Ervin said...

Wanda...your challenge card today is absolutely gorgeous!!!! I sooo love the grunge stamps you used and all your elements look fabulous together!!! Your daughter is lovely, too!!!