Monday, October 1, 2012

Mojo Monday


October??? Can't believe it's here already, but it is!  Since Christmas is entirely too close in my future, I decided to build up my holiday stash some more.  Julee has a really fun sketch for the Mojo Monday Challenge!  I used the large doily Die-Namics die by MFT for the large circle element.  Couldn't resist this sweet and elegant sentiment from Verve's Blessed Christmas set...a perfect fit for the layered flag!  The poinsettia is die cut from Riding Hood Red CS and sponged with the same ink.  Leaves were a light green in my leftover pile (? color) that I sponged with Old Olive ink.  I used the petal roller tool to slightly curve the edges. DP is by K&Co.

For more inspiration from the other mojomakers, hop on over to the Mojo Monday blog and check out their samples!  Can't wait to see what you create!

9 comments:

Anne-Elise said...

Beautiful card, Wanda! Love the poinsettia with the rhinestones! Have a great day! Hugs

Emily said...

Wanda, this is truly the most beautiful Christmas card I have seen thus far. Hope you don't mind if I imitate it!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

How clever to use the poinsettia as part of the sketch!! Such an elegant take on the sketch with your soft and beautiful dp, the bling and your ribbon. Just stunning!!
hugs,
Chris

Marisa said...

I just love that poinsettia die and you have used it wonderfully. Must remember to sponge my edges next time I use it. Fabulous take on the sketch :)

Teresa Kline said...

wow Wanda, this is gorgeous...have a fabulous week my friend!

enjoy *~*

Unknown said...

Gorgeous, Wanda! Love that beautiful poinsettia!

Traci Williams said...

Those Poinsettia' are beautiful! Would love to have a bouquet look like that! Great work on the card.

DIANA L. said...

Beautiful card great sentiment style type. Your flower is stunning.
Thanks for the fun challenge. Great Design Team inspiration
DIANA L
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Patrice said...

Great use of the sketch - I'd love for you to link up at 52 Card Pickup this week and enter my washi tape giveaway!

http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/10/52-card-pickup-week-40-and-giveaway.html