Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Color Throwdown #215


Another Wednesday has rolled around and that means another Color Throwdown Challenge! Lori found this super fun photo of these adorable monster cupcakes to inspire our colors, so I knew I wanted to use this digi image from Birdie Brown!


I colored with Copics then added some Stickles and Crystal Effects to the monster eyeballs and added googlie eyes to the spider.  I die cut three grass strips and layered them to "ground" the image.  I'm also playing along with Judy's Monster Mash HYCCT challenge and thought this might bring a smile to a young cancer victim at UT MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, TX - the destination for the cards in this month's series of Hope You Can Cling To challenges!

Here's hoping you'll play along with us! For more details about the CTD challenge, please check out the Color Throwdown blog or you can stop by each of the DT members' blogs and leave them some love. 

STAMPS: Monster Trio digi image by Birdie Brown; Boo sentiment by Craftsmart (Michael's $1 bin), Spider by Hampton Art
PAPER: Jen Yanok pad by K&Co, Black, White
INK: Versafine Onyx Black
ACCESSORIES: Oval and Oval Scallop Nesties, Copics, Crystal Effects, Googlie eyes, Diamond and Yellow Stickles, Grass border Die-Namics by MFT.

10 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Oh Wanda, this is so cute! Love their eyes!!! Definitely a card to bring a smile to someone's face :)

Tammy Hershberger said...

OMGosh, they're too cute to be scary! Adorable card, Wanda and fabulous coloring ('specially on the green guy on the right... LOVE his fur!)

Torico said...

I saw this card on the Color Throwdown blog and had to come here! I love how you decorated my monsters.:) Thank you for making such a cute card using my digi!

I hope you don't mind that I share this card on my FB page (https://www.facebook.com/BirdieBrown)!

Torico

Marisa said...

LOVE the googly eyes on the spider!! Great colouring of the images and use of the colours.

Broni said...

Those monsters are just adorable and I love your layout! Too cute!

Vicki Burdick said...

Super cute Wanda!!!! Love those monsters!!!

Denise Marzec said...

Oh my gosh, total CUTENESS! Totally made me smile!

Lynn Put said...

HA! This is too stinkin' cute! This has me laughing, I love your adorable monsters and how you've colored them! Great card!

Joan Ervin said...

This is just tooooo cute, Wanda...I loooove your adorable little monsters!!! Awesome coloring, too, and I especially love the sparkly eyes!!!!!

Lori said...

Too fun! Love all the sparkle and the wiggly-eyed spider, too.