Monday, October 29, 2012

90th Birthday Celebration


It's a day of unknowns as we wait to see how Hurricane Sandy will affect our area.  Our daughter just texted that her power is out across the mountain in Nelson County.  So far, so good at our house.  Fresh batch of chocolate chip cookies are made and supper is on the stove.  Winds haven't gotten bad at all for which I'm very thankful!  I needed to make a card for a 90th birthday celebration we are invited to this Saturday.  I decided to use Chupa's sketch for her Sketchbook Saturday Challenge and as you can see, I flipped it to the side.  I found some retired Autumn Vine DP by SU that I thought would be great for both fall and for a masculine card. The leaves were die cut then sponged with matching inks.

Here's what else I used:
STAMPS: Flags and Tags Stamps by Lil Inker Designs
PAPER: Autumn Vine (SU), Early Espresso, White
INK: More Mustard, Sage Shadow, Cajun Craze, Chocolate Chip
ACCESSORIES: Flags and Tags dies by Lil Inker Designs, Fishtail Die-Namics by MFT, By the Numbers Die-Namics by MFT, Circle Nesties, Rhinestones.

2 comments:

Marisa said...

Wonderfully done, Wanda :) Of course I"m loving the leaves ;) Stay safe!!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

What a fantastic idea for this layout! I love how you interpreted my sketch :)