Monday, February 25, 2019

The Library Challenge



I'm playing along with a new (to me) challenge called The Library Challenge. The current inspiration book - Spark Joy - caught my eye since I recently watched the Netflix series Tidying Up by Marie Kondo. It was a great series that inspired me to tackle some drawers and a major linen closet! I tend to hang on to too much "stuff" that doesn't always bring me joy, so I'm learning to go into purge mode more often and it really does make me happy to see a tidy house!


I was obviously inspired by the green and gold cover which led me to use a panel of Yupo paper that I recently covered with alcohol inks and gold mixative.   Instead of dotting the ink on a felt circle, I made two lines of different greens and one line of gold then swiped it left to right down the length of the panel.  I then white embossed this large floral stamp from the Sketched Flowers set by Simon Says Stamp. Yupo will warp slightly when heated so it had to be anchored to the card base with strong adhesive strips.  I'm loving this new script die that looks like hand lettering. I layered white over a shiny metallic gold cardstock.  

Thanks so much for stopping by!  I'm ready to see this super gusty wind come to an end this evening!  Wind gusts were up to 81 mph in the mountains near Wintergreen which is only about 30 miles away from us!  We lost power for 2 1/2 hours yesterday afternoon which paralyzed us temporarily - lol!  The power goes out and suddenly I don't know what to do!

4 comments:

grace said...

Thanks for sharing with us.This is so useful.

LeAnne said...

This sparks joy in me! What a pretty creation!

Marina said...

I love the slightly stripy effect on the inks - great use of the colours from the cover- your card is beautiful and I love to read that the book has a personal link for you too.
Thanks for joining The Library.

Marina said...

This has been featured as a ‘Librarian’s Choice’. Thank you for sharing it at The Library.