Friday, February 15, 2019

Mojo Sketch




Yay for Friyay! I am always ready for a weekend break after 5 consecutive days of radiation therapy.  Only 7 more treatments remaining!  Julee came out with another beautiful Mojo Sketch Challenge this past Monday and it was perfect to whip up another birthday card that I needed for tomorrow! I recently ordered Altenew's Hibiscus Garden 3D die set which I love cutting out from watercolored paper. It was easier for me to get the different
shades of a similar color by using my Zig Clean Color brushes where I colored the shapes after they were die cut.  This set has quite a few dies and many are fairly similar.  To keep them organized, I store the dies for each flower in small ziplock bags.  The dies for the leaves are stored in a medium size bag.  This saves me a lot of time when I don't have to sort and figure out what goes with what for each component. 



I nearly covered up the stitched circle die, but it's hiding there if you look closely. I embellished with zigzag stitch stickers.  I cut the sentiment die three times and adhered them together to give it a thicker, chipboard look.  

STAMPS: Sending, Hoping, Wishing by WPlus9.
PAPER: White CS (PTI); Perfectly Plaid Rainbow 12x12" (Lawn Fawn); Ranger watercolor paper.
DIES: Sending, Hoping, Wishing (WPlus9); Hibiscus Garden 3D (Altenew); Stitched Circle STAX Die-Namics (MFT).

3 comments:

Lisa Lynn said...

What a fun card with the bright colors.

Marlena M. said...

I love your beautiful watercolored flowers and use of the sketch! I'm so sorry you have to do radiation Wanda; prayers for continued comfort in the process.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Such a beautiful card, Wanda! Love that plaid and those bold blooms. Such a nice change from the snow, snow, snow we've been having. So glad you could join me for Mojo Monday!