Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Color Throwdown #529


It's Wednesday and you know what that means?! Another Color Throwdown Challenge is up and running and  Vickie is our hostess and has chosen some really warm and happy colors for us!



I immediately thought these three colors would blend together well, so that's exactly the direction I took.  I used Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade and Fired Brick distress inks and blended them on heavy white cardstock using a round sponge blending tool.  I die cut Papertrey Ink's Butterfly Hope cover plate, then layered a sentiment from PTI's Direct Messages stamp set with foam tape.  I use this set a lot when I want a linear sentiment that doesn't cover up much of the design.  To get a stark black inking, I used a MISTI to stamp it three times with Versafine Onyx Black ink.

For more inspiration, you can click on the design team links below:


No comments: