Friday, February 22, 2019

Freshly Made Sketches


I played with some alcohol inks this afternoon after watching a video on YouTube by Jennifer McGuire. I went with two shades of blue, silver mixative and blending solution on Yupo paper. 

When I saw the new Freshly Made Sketches challenge #376 by Karren, I knew it would be perfect to use with these alcohol backgrounds since there was an abundance of open space in the design. 

The sentiment die was cut twice from black card stock and is made by My Favorite Things.  The Prim Poppy die is by Memory Box Co.  I stacked three of these dies to give it more dimension.

That's all for now...thanks so much for stopping by!

3 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

This is so cool! Love it!

Kim S said...

Stunning use of the inks - love the two entirely different looks! And how perfect with the simple white flower and the bold sentiment. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Lee Ann Barrett said...

This is gorgeous, Wanda! Your rich blues with the silver is so elegant. Your white floral die cuts stand out perfectly against the stunning background! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!