Sunday, February 10, 2019

Paper Players Challenge




Good Sunday everyone! It's color challenge week at The Paper Players Challenge and Laurie has a pretty combo of Melon Mambo, Smoky Slate and Basic Gray.  I created the floral background using Melon Mambo ink (SU) and stamped each image three times using a MISTI. I then die cut the panel using Reverse Confetti's Pierced Round Top Layers die.


The photo doesn't show it well, but the sentiment was silver embossed on a heavy weight vellum which was layered over a white strip and adhered with the 4 brads.  The lighter gray dots are from Simon Says Stamp's "We Can Do This" stamp set using Hickory Smoke distress ink.  The darker gray is featured in the tiny scalloped borders.  I'm not sure why both my Smoky Slate and Basic Gray inks by SU are being contrary.  The one is barely visible and the other pad is totally dried up and I never got around to replacing it - ugh!  I was not planning to add sequins, but thanks to an ink smear, they were used to remedy the goof. For a simple card, I had my share of challenges with this one - lol!

STAMPS: Something Wonderful and Congratulations by Reverse Confetti; We Can Do This by Simon Says Stamp.
DIES: Pierced Round Top Layers, Edge Essentials - Reverse Confetti.

I'm also entering this into the  Stock Your Stash February challenge on the Reverse Confetti blog.  This month's theme is encouragement/congratulations.

For more inspiration by the rest of the design team, be sure to check out their entries HERE.

8 comments:

Su Mohr said...

Wanda, Such a pretty, floral pattern with that rounded, pierced top. Love the way you covered your ink smear with sequins! We've all been there!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love your pretty floral panel Wanda and so glad it all turned out ok in the end - sometimes the simplest cards are the most challenging! A lovely way to use this week's colours too.

LeAnne said...

LOL, I love that someone else besides me adds some sequins to hide a smear! Anyway, this is a beautiful card, I love the way you stamped and created the panel; the addition of the little gray dots is so fun!

laurie said...

Love your background of blooms...so pretty!

~amy~ said...

This is beautiful Wanda!

Ann Schach said...

What a pretty card, Wanda! I LOVE the round top stitched die. It adds such a special touch. As for the sequins, they are a wonderful addition...and they did a great job of hiding the smear!

Claire Broadwater said...

Wanda, this is so pretty! I love this stitched die and all the beautiful flowers. It is funny you said that about your gray inks pads. Mine are dried up, too. uggg The sequins look perfect! No one would ever know you had a smear. The brads look great on your vellum sentiment, too! Have a great weekend, My Friend! XX

Anne Marie Hile said...

So very pretty, Wanda! I love the pops of sparkle and shine throughout the card, too. They really are the perfect solution to those little “oops” moments in stamping. Just beautiful!