Monday, January 21, 2019

National Hugging Day




I couldn't believe it, but there is an actual official website for National Hugging Day!  When I saw the special day advertised on the news, I Googled it and found the link above. I couldn't bypass the occasion without creating a card, so I took a loose interpretation of the current MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge and arranged a collage of stitched die cut flowers in place of the circle element.  I thought using MFT's Striped Sentiment Strip Cover die would work for the striped elements and, of course, the sentiment had to be about hugs - lol!



STAMPS: Label Maker Sentiments (My Favorite Things).
PAPER: Calm & Cozy Chevron 6x6" pad by MFT.  Floral colors are all from a card kit pack of MFT cardstock.
INK: Versafine Onyx Black (stamped x 3 using a MISTI).

Sending virtual hugs,

1 comment:

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

What a lovely idea Wanda - sending you a hug to celebrate! I love your posy of stitched flowers against the subtle striped background, so fresh and spring-like.