Thursday, January 10, 2019

Bamboo Roses




It's a horribly windy and cold day with the temperature only up to a high of 30 degrees! After getting my family room area rug cleaned by a professional service this morning, I thought I'd "think spring" and get out my Bamboo Rose stamp/die set and enter the following challenges: 

Freshly Made Sketches - keep your project clean lined and fresh!
The Card Concept - I used the CAS style.
The House That Stamps Built (Tic-Tac-Toe).  I went with the middle vertical column and included diecuts, thank you sentiment and faux stitching on my card.


I white embossed the images with Altenew's Pure White embossing powder on Ranger's watercolor cardstock, then colored them with Zig Clean Color brush markers (3 different shades of pink and 3 shades of green).  I inadvertently put the markers away before writing down what I used...oops!  I was inspired by the roses and the shades of pink with a wee pop of black in the inspiration photo.

STAMPS: Bamboo Rose and Label Love - both by Altenew.

On a side note...If any of you have access to Netflix, I'd highly recommend the 7 season series of the show "Call the Midwife".  My DIL knew how much I enjoyed Downton Abbey and recommended this series to me.  In some ways, I enjoy this series even more!  The very first episode made a reference to a soap suds enema as "high, hot and a helluva lot" which reminded me of an old Navy surgeon who used to do skin repair surgeries on the spinal cord injured clients I worked with many years ago.  To prep them for surgery, he would order 3H enemas (high, hot and a hellava lot!).  Of course, we had parameters and the temperature and amount had to be acceptable - lol!  Soap suds enemas are a thing of the past now and this series takes you through so many of the medical changes in the late 50's and early 60's.  Thanks for listening to me ramble on...hope you are staying warm!

5 comments:

Jen Mitchell said...

It's pretty cold and blustery here to so it's always a welcome thing to look at pretty flowers and wish for spring! This is absolutely lovely! So glad to see you at Freshly Made Sketches!

Esther Asbury said...

Oh what a beautiful card! I LOVE all the white space and those gorgeous pink flowers! Thanks for playing along in the Tic Tac Toe Challenge over at The House that Stamps Built!

Narelle Farrugia said...

I absolutely love this combination of soft flowers and black/white sentiment - such a stunning combo. Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

Heather said...

This is beautiful!! I love the water colored look to your images; so pretty! Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

Susan Powell said...

Oh So Pretty!!! Thanks so much for joining us at The Card Concept.